Discover everything Lanzarote can offer you through the activities of Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort, like visiting the Culture Centres and touring the beaches.
Los Ajaches Natural Park, Papagayo Beaches
One of the area’s most valued destinations, set close to the hotel. Enjoy the park view rooms.
Discover our surroundings with our Entertainment Team.
Walk along local Papagayo beaches and the promenade up to the marina.
Watch our amazing sunsets and show off your best photography.
Visit the only Atlantic museum with sculptures beneath the ocean surface.
The most important beaches: Calas de Papagayo, Playa de Famara, Playa Blanca (Puerto del Carmen), Playa Dorada, Playa Flamingo
If you’re a nature-lover who enjoys outdoor sports, Lanzarote is perfect for you.
Fall in love with the magnificent scenery of this stunning island made of black sand beaches, numerous valleys, craters, and endless volcanic landscapes that will take your breath away.
Declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO and offering idyllic climate conditions, Lanzarote has become a sought-after destination for many travellers who want to enjoy different land and water sports and discover the island’s endemic flora and fauna. It’s never too late to be blown away by the wonders that this little piece of land can offer you.
- Golf: Thanks to the island’s excellent climate, you can play a round of golf 365 days a year. Come to Lanzarote and discover numerous courses for practising your favourite sport.
- Hiking: If you love to explore on foot, in Lanzarote you can enjoy the authentic walking tours and excursions that give you the chance to experience inactive volcanic craters, natural parks, the island’s endemic plantlife and wildlife, picturesque beaches, and much more.
- Diving: The waters around Lanzarote island are home to extensive marine biodiversity, making diving one of the top local tourist attractions for ocean-lovers. Don’t wait any longer to immerse yourself in the impressive Museo Atlántico, Europe’s only underwater museum, where you can see sculptures by artist Jason de Caires Taylor.
- The island boasts a wide range of water sports like surfing, paddle surfing, wind surfing, kite surfing, sport fishing, diving, and more.
- Cuisine: Savour the island’s mouth-watering cuisine, known for its fresh fish dishes. The wide variety of ingredients and high quality products means that many Lanzarote products are qualified by Spain’s “Denominación de Origen”, a classification system that recognizes the best local wines and food products throughout the country. Try the papas arrugadas (boiled potatoes), mojo sauce, gofio (a Canary Island flour used in many recipes), and sancocho canario (a local fish dish). And don’t forget to enjoy the region’s traditional fish recipes!
We recommend you visit the following places:
- Jameos del Agua: An impressive and ancient place formed during the eruption of the Monte Corona volcano, featuring a natural pool in the cave inhabited by albino crabs.
- Timanfaya National Park: A park with volcanic origins that’s home to local island flora and fauna, along with incredible landscapes.
- Beaches: The beaches of Lanzarote are known for their characteristic black sand that comes from the solidified lava of ancient volcanic eruptions. Some of the island’s most important beaches are: Playa Blanca, Calas de Papagayo, Playa de Famara, Playa Dorada, and Playa Flamingo.
- Find Places
Sandos Papagayo is a great home base for enjoying outdoor activities, with an unbeatable location offering convenient access to some of the area’s top tourist attractions and activities.
If you’re looking to take part in outdoor adventures during your stay in Lanzarote, you’ll find a wide-range of thrilling things to do in the surrounding areas.
- Find Places
We offer a diversed selection of entrance tickets to all major events and leisure attractions of the region. Lazarote is the easternmost island of the Canary Islands, it is identified by the great amount of volcanoes that cover it due to the great volcanic activity of the early XVIII century.