Sandos Announces Free PCR Testing in Mexico hotels for those Staying 7 Nights or More for Guests from Countries Requiring a Negative COVID-19 Test to Re-enter their countries
January 26th, 2021
In addition to the already announced support measures for tourists visiting Sandos, as of January 26th, 2021, all guests of hotels in Mexico who require a PCR test to re-enter their countries of origin, will be able to obtain it for free for 7 nights stay or more. Thus, the measures that have been implemented so far are:
- Free PCR test at all hotels in Mexico in minimum stays of 7 nights for guests who need to present it to re-enter their countries of origin
- Alliance with hospital medical centers that offer the Antigen tests for free (only for anyone traveling to or through the USA) and PCR tests at a reduced price to our guests (only Mexico hotels).
- All tests are carried out on the property to avoid the displacement of guests.
- In the case of detecting positive cases of COVID-19 in guests, who require confinement, a stay will be granted at no extra cost at the hotel for 14 days.
- Specialized action protocols for case detection to ensure the well-being of the affected person and the other guests.
With these new measures, we want to reassure all those who are thinking of taking a vacation and make all the means available to them so that they know that they will be able to return to their countries in compliance with current regulations.
Sandos remains committed to offering safe environments respecting all safety and hygiene regulations so that our guests can enjoy a memorable vacation in the best destinations in Mexico.
In addition, we want to make the following FAQ available to our collaborators and clients to help them resolve any doubt, or as always, our usual communication channels through our call center and customer service telephones. Stay tuned to our web and social media channels for more updates.
When do I need to get a test to travel? What kind of test do I need?
The test must be done no more than 3 days before the departure of your return flight to your country of origin. Make sure you have the results before your flight departure and the appropriate documentation to show the results to the airline.
What if I recently recovered from COVID-19?
As long as you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19, you haven't been in contact with a person with COVID-19, and you have properly isolated yourself, you may travel. The CDC requires traveling with a letter from your healthcare provider that you are cleared for travel.
If you need a PCR test and have a minimum stay of 7 nights, does the PCR test include all the members of the reservation?
Yes, the PCR test will be included in stays of 7 nights or more for all members in the reservation.
What happens if I don’t take a test and want to travel to another country that requires a negative test?
Any passenger traveling to a country that requires a negative test, is required to provide a negative COVID-19 test. IF you do not, you will not be permitted to board the plane.
What happens if I test positive during the hotel stay?
If you test positive for COVID-19 while you are in the hotel at Sandos, we will grant you a free 14-day stay in one of the rooms designated for these cases where confinement is required. During this period of time your mobility will be restricted to your room, and you will not be allowed to leave or move to other areas of the hotel. 3 meals a day and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. If you want to move out of the hotel to an Airbnb or another apartment to have more space to move, we will assist you in finding such accommodation.
If I am staying with family or friends and only I or one person in my group tests positive, what happens with the rest of my group, are they also granted a 14-day stay at the hotel free of charge?
Yes, but as long as they stay in the same room and follow the same confinement rules as the person who tested positive.
What happens if my quarantine at the hotel lasts more than 14 days?
If you re-test positive after your 14-day quarantine, you may stay at the hotel at a special rate of 40 USD per person per night.
What is a verifiable test result?
A verifiable test result must be in the form of a written document in paper or electronic format. A NAAT or antigen viral test is required to be performed; a negative result is obligated within 3 days before the fight
Do I need to get a test before traveling to Mexico?
It is not required to provide a negative test to enter Mexico, but it is recommended to stop the spread of infection.
What happens if my flight is delayed and it goes over the 3-day limit for testing?
If your flight is delayed, it is still required that your test is within 3 days. If your test passes the 3-day requirement, you need to get retested. Should you require another test, that will be at the guest's expense.
If I am connecting through the US to another country, do I still need to get tested?
Yes. Any flight entering the US, even for a connection, will require testing before departure.
What if I have had a COVID-19 vaccine?
You still need to provide a negative COVID-19 test result.
How much do COVID-19 tests cost, and where can I get them?
Each Sandos Hotel has agreements with some local health centers so that guests can take tests for free and / or with preferential rates:
The prices of the tests for guests of Sandos Cancun, Sandos Playacar, and Sandos Caracol are as follows:
- Rapid Antigen Test: FREE for anyone traveling to or through the USA (applicable only for stays with departure from next January 26 onwards) and $ 35.00 USD for those traveling outside the USA. Results take an average of 24 hours.
- PCR COVID-19: FREE** for a minimum stay of 7 nights for guests who need to present it to re-enter their countries of origin. Regular price: $ 150.00 USD (rate may vary depending on the exchange rate). Results take an average of 48 hours.
The prices of the tests for Sandos Finisterra guests are as follows:
- Rapid Antigen Test: FREE for anyone traveling to or through the USA (applicable only for stays with departure from next January 26 onwards) and $ 30.00 USD for those traveling outside the USA. Results take an average of 24 hours.
- PCR COVID-19: FREE** for a minimum stay of 7 nights for guests who need to present it to re-enter their countries of origin. Regular price: $ 240.00 USD (rate may vary depending on the exchange rate). Results take an average of 48 hours.
*For the free and reduced rates for antigen tests and a reduced rate for PCR tests to be applicable, the COVID-19 tests are done on-site at the hotel and with the corresponding health center. Free tests are limited to one per person.
All the aforementioned rates are subject to change without prior notice.
If I am staying at Sandos, how can I make an appointment for a COVID-19 test?
Please visit the Seek and Go representative in the lobby area of the hotel ; they will make the necessary arrangements and subsequently confirm your appointment's date and time.
Can I do my test at a medical center of my choice?
Yes of course. We offer testing services for Covid-19 detection at the hotel for the convenience of our guests. However, guests can also choose the center of their preference. For greater security and control within the hotel, we cannot allow access to any medical center with which we are not associated. If our guests choose an option outside the hotel, they will have to leave the facilities to attend the medical center of their choice and the payment for the test will be the sole responsibility of the guest.
How is Sandos Protecting Guests?
Sandos has developed advanced hygiene protocols and cleaning measures, part of our Clean Stay initiative. All of our collaborators are also equipped with PPE equipment to keep guests safe and healthy at all times. https://www.sandos.com/clean-stay